Cassava Pone Recipe – White Chocolate Cream Cheese
Cassava Pone is a treasured Tobago sweet made with grated cassava, coconut, pumpkin and blended with Caribbean spices. It is favoured for its richness and pudding like taste that melts in your mouth. Cassava pone is a must have try when you are in Tobago. Here, Dense shares her recipe so that you can try making at home. Enjoy!
1 cup grated cassava
½ cup grated coconut
½ cup grated pumpkin
1 ½ cups brown sugar
½ cup melted margarine(butter)
2tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp nutmeg
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
2 tbsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bitters
1 tsp salt
- Mixed cassava, coconut & pumpkin in a mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients with cassava mixture, mixing together all ingredient well.
- Pour Mixture into a greased baking tray about 8”x 6” long & 2” deep.
- Pre-heat oven 350-degree F.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
Recipe Credits: Dense A. Stewart, Sous Chef at Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute and Founder of Densi’ s ILe Cuisine Catering Service, (868) 488-7603