Exquisite Dasheen Punch Recipe
- 1 ltr full cream milk or almond milk
- 1 ½- 2 tins of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb peeled dasheen
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/8 tsp salt
1. Peel, wash, and cut up dasheen into medium-sized cubes
2. Place in a small pot, add enough water to cover dasheen, and place on medium flame
3. Place on low flame once the water begins to boil
4. Let boil for at least 15-20mins
5. Test with knife or fork to ensure dasheen penetrates easily.
6. Once boiled, turn the flame off.
Blending the Punch
1. Blend dasheen in two parts using milk and water from boiled dasheen if necessary
2. Add all other ingredients and blend.
3. Pour into a 1-gallon mug and add ice to increase volume.
4. Taste for sweetness
5. Serve chilled or with crushed ice and enjoy
Makes approximately 1-gallon drink.